Thursday, October 25, 2012

The moments







The moments that take your breath away...This is a term that until I became a momma I never quite comprehended. What in life could truly take your breath away? Going on your first date with the cutest boy in school and thinking how lucky you are? Probably, but I was too worried about the girl at the next table trying to get his attention. Three-dozen roses on your 18th birthday by your first love? Sure, except I didn't realize they were even in my bedroom for 3 days! Being proposed to with a family heirloom by the man who's child you're carrying? I suppose, but I was so nauseous that I threw up and don't remember actually saying yes.

Then there's that moment when you see a little heart beat for the very first time and the entire world stops as you watch it on a little monitor. Then comes the moment when you feel the first kick, you're eyes light up and you hold your breath waiting for it to happen again swearing you just imagined it. Then the moment when that tiny little cry fills the hospital room and your heart beats out of your chest with love for this little smushed face covered in what can only be described as 'yucky stuff'. The moment your little smushed face isn't so smushed anymore and smiles for the very first time and you know that there's no greater love than what you feel as they look into your eyes with a smile that could melt the hearts of millions.

These are the moments in life that I remember the most, the moments that have taken my breath away. I wish I could relive them a million times over, but let's face it...my vagina can't handle that. I love my boys, I love watching them grow and cannot wait to see the type of men they become as they go on their first dates, fall in love for the first time, marry a girl and then have babies of their own...those will become more moments that take my breath away and I will treasure till the moment I take my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment