Sunday, May 6, 2012

Superman ain't got nothing on me!

The things I've learned about my mom from being a mom myself, amaze me.

For instance, when that lady said "I've got eyes in the back of my head." she was FOR REAL! It seems impossible of course, but somehow I know exactly what Minion is doing even when I'm not around to witness the crime take place! When she said "I heard that!!" from inside the house while I was hanging out with my friends in the front yard I always rolled my eyes, but I can hear every word Minion is saying to his friend downstairs, outside and around the back of the house...while I'm watching TV and carrying on a conversation with RL.

I've developed and refined several skills, which are lifesavers as a Momma of 2 boys...


Stomach of Steel - This is the ability to hold my hand over Minion's mouth/or clean up the carpet after or hold his hand while he projectile vomits a massive quantity of beans&weenies and macaroni, which doesn't even seem reasonable to come out of something so small, without vomiting myself.

Odor Detector - This is the ability to detect various degrees of diapers that need changing even while sleeping!

Indicator and Silencer - This ability includes but is not limited to detecting the type of cry, discerning the severity, and deciphering the gibberish words being said while tears are flowing; Calming and quieting both Minion and Chunk when everything everyone else has tried doesn't work.

I've also become a Magician and a Juggler, having the ability to kiss all the boo-boos away and change Chunk's diaper in my lap, while balancing a laptop on one knee and tying Minion's shoes.



Lesson for the day: You don't have to be perfect to be a supermom! So what are some of your superpowers?



Minion and Chunk have linked up with Mrs. Brooke  @ Get Outta My Head {Please} Clicky HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment