Thursday, May 10, 2012

Momma's Rules.

Momma JL's House Rules:(Nice in theory...)
 - Do not be rude or talk back.

- Be respectful by saying please & thank you and addressing adults with "sir" & "ma'am".

- No bad words allowed, including "shut up" and "stupid".

- Clean bedroom before bed.

- Always clean up after yourself.

- Ask before going outside.

- Be helpful.

- Be honest...always.

- No temper tantrums or arguing.

Momma JL's House Rules (What they really say...)

- If it's not yours, don't touch it.

- "Bedtime" is the same time every night, so don't look at me like I have 12 heads when I tell you to get yourself to sleep.

- If you spit toothpaste in my sink you'd better rinse the sink out, or you'll be using your toothbrush to scrub it later.

- I provide you with food and shelter, everything else you get is a privileged...privileges can end abruptly.

-Remove your shoes at the door. If you walk across the floors I clean with dirty shoes, you'll start cleaning them.

- If the door is closed and/or locked, knocking repeatedly or saying "Momma" over and over, will not make the door open any faster or get you a response.

- I don't care if you think I'm being "fair"...always remember life isn't fair and there's no such thing as unfair working in your favor.

-Disrespect isn't tolerated, watch what you say and how you say it...otherwise you might walk away from the conversation missing a tooth.

- Momma doesn't raise liars or thieves, behave like one and you'll be sleeping in the yard - blanket and pillow may not be provided based on severity of the crime committed.

- Lift the seat. If you pee on my toilet seat/rim you'd better clean it up, or you'll be scrubbing the entire bathroom.

 -  Slam your door and I'll take it off the hinges.

- Use an inside voice while inside...outside voice while inside may result in a karate chop to the voice box.

-  If you make a mess, you'd better be prepared to cleaning it up; whining will result in you being sent to pick up all the rocks from the gravel driveway.


1 comment:

  1. I have some of the same rules!
    Talk back and you may be picking yourself up off the floor so you can apologize to me.
    Room and board is all the is required :)
    I have in the past taken a door off the hinges.

    Your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete